1. I had to switch my hat game up for the rest of the year. I still can’t believe that they are referred to as “Dad hats” now. Dad hats?! Come on, in such a trendy era, can’t we come up with a cooler name?
2. “You gotta take the crookeds with the straights” – Troy Maxson from August Wilson’s Fences.
3. I hope that PNB Rock continues to be successful in the music industry. He’s from Philly and even though I may not listen to all of his music (“Selfish” is pretty dope), hometown support must be shown. Philly can be – and many can attest to this – a crab in the barrel city and it’s tough to break through. There are a lot of talented people here but we are often our own worst enemy.
4. Angela Rye is fly… Intelligent and fine as all hell.
5. It’s an abnormal time to be alive. We live in the age of misinformation and everyone seems to know everything about nothing. Revisionists with selective memory. Individuals with well constructed social media personas yet are far from what they want you to believe them to be in real life. And shout out to “selective activists” that pick and choose who and what should be fought for and fought against.
6. I need to take a class in Art History or at least become familiar with more of Da Vinci’s work and other great sculptors, painters, and architects of the past and present. Also, I love Caravaggio’s “Medusa”.